Thursday, March 14, 2013

TV5 Internship: High Five for Fantastic Experience



         First, I want to highlight my favorite quote - “Make your passion your profession” – Rancho on movie 3 idiots. The only quote that never erased in my mind. Because I believe that if you want it, pursue it, strive for it, grab it and share it.

        My whole journey in my internship was very blissful and unforgettable. Unforgettable in the means of there are so many happy moments that I’ll never ever forget and most importantly, I learned a lot in my OJT for almost 2 ½ months. I enjoy it so much though I did not write in this internship but all in all, I’m very happy and fortunate to have a chance working here as a trainee. In the first place, having my internship here in TV5, one of the top TV stations in the country, was a big plus to me knowing that this company is very reliable as well as popular. Special thanks to Ms. Rossana who helped, backed up and endorsed me and assisting me such as passing my resume, to be easier to go through here in TV5.

double-checking the log sheet for advancing commercials




placing all confirmation report in a box


            What I really like in my entire internship was I gained so much knowledge on how a TV network such as TV5 circulated where others can’t see; viewers only see the programs showing on the TV. Before the orientation, Ms. Roxanne (HR department) told me that I would not be able to be in the news department because they acquired trainees there only during summer so they put me in the Airtime Management Department (AMD) since this is the closest department related to my course which is Journalism. When orientation about to start, I’m a little bit nervous because I thought there’s an interview but thank God there’s no any interview, only mini lecture regarding the background of the company. Honestly, when I heard that they assigned me in the Airtime department, I don’t have any idea what will I do there but day goes on; I started to enjoy the everyday works in the department. Most of the time, I worked on logging the advanced commercials and computing the everyday plugs. In first especially the computing of plug, I find it hard because I’m not so familiar with MS Excel but as days and weeks pass, I became faster and can do it not looking on my notebook the steps on how to do it. But I like it in the sense that there’s numbers in computing the plugs because I love numbers. Sometimes, I also do plotting the commercial loads and it was easy because you will only encode it but make sure you will not make any mistakes. In doing the advanced commercials, searching and dragging only but you need so much focus for you to perfect it and not commit some mistakes. You need to double check it after you finished logging it. I had so much fun with it.

arranging materials

compiling files 'Clearance for Airing'



         All in all, with my staying in the TV5, I learned many things, that are the real essence of OJT - to increase your knowledge and discover something new. I want to thanks all people in the Airtime Management Department, my very kind supervisor Ma’am Vien, Ma’am Pops, Sir Rai, Sir Kevin and the whole staff of the department and to all my OJT mates, I will be miss you all. God bless you all. Thank you for being part of my internship.

            One thing also that I will be missing is the everyday tiring trip from Paranaque to Novaliches. :) :) :)


8 comments:

  1. Ano pong requirements na pinasa mo sa TV5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Same question.

    Btw, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm lurking on some media companies' sites for infos about internship though next summer pa ojt namin. I'm quite excited and nervous about it -_- I'm a communication arts student btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry guys ... di ko nasagot ung questions nyo. actually, ngayon ko na lang ulet na-open etong blogger ko .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paano nyo po na-contact HR Department ng TV5 and sino po ang dapat kausapin? Si Ms. Rossana po ano po full name nya? Walk-in application po ba ang ginawa nyo? Ano po ba full name nyo so I can add you on Facebook para po makapagusap po tayo ng maayos. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ano po yung account nyo sa Facebook? Please reply po.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. Walk-in po ba 'yung application o pwede pong online? Tapos, mabilis lang po ba 'yung process? I'm an ECE student po. Sa April 6 na po kasi start ng summer class namin kaya medyo gahol na po sa oras :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paano po ang application process for internship? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete